Dental crowns are a multi-purpose restoration. Crowns are custom-designed to fit your smile, and cover the entire visible portion of your tooth to restore its strength, shape, size and appearance. Crowns may be made of several different materials, including gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal; but the most popular type of dental crowns are made of porcelain due to the fact that they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth.
Our dentist may recommend a dental crown to:
- Protect a tooth following a root canal treatment
- Anchor and attach a dental bridge
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Restore a tooth which is broken, fractured, decayed or otherwise weakened
- Support a large filling when minimal natural tooth structure remains
- Improve a misshapen tooth
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
Dental crowns typically require two appointments to complete. During the first appointment your tooth will be cleaned and prepared to receive the crown. Our dentist will take an impression of the tooth, and the crown will then be designed and fabricated at a dental lab. A temporary crown may be placed during the interval between appointments to help protect your tooth. During your second appointment we will place the crown on the tooth, check that it fits correctly and bond it in place.
To schedule your consultation with Dr. Ryan Hong and find out if dental crowns in Anaheim Hills, California, are right for you, please contact Anaheim Hills Family Dental today at (714) 998-2553.