Dr. Ryan Hong may recommend a dental bridge if you are missing a tooth, or several teeth in a row. Bridges are non-removable replacements for your teeth. They typically consist of one or more dental crowns, which are anchored in place using crowns attached to the teeth on either side of the gap or with implants. This ensures that your replacement teeth remain in place and do not come loose.
Benefits of dental bridges include:
- A restored ability to chew, speak and eat normally
- Closing the gap between your teeth to give you back a beautiful smile
- Holding your remaining teeth in position and preventing them from shifting out of place
- Alleviating excess stress on your bite
- Improving the shape and volume of your face
Dental bridges typically require two appointments to complete. During the first visit our dentist will clean the area and prepare the neighboring teeth to receive crowns (if your bridge is not being anchored by an implant). An impression will be taken, and your bridge will be created to fit your smile. When you return for your second appointment, the bridge will be placed, checked to ensure that it fits properly and permanently anchored in place. Your dental bridge is designed to last for many years so that you can enjoy a healthy, functional and beautiful smile.
For more information about dental bridges in Anaheim Hills, California, and to set up an appointment with our dentist, contact Anaheim Hills Family Dental today at (714) 998-2553.